Saturday Night Gaming

Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.
Saturday Night Gaming

D&D, Magic, Etc..

+2
loki
Uller
6 plaatsers

Character creation conditions

Uller
    Uller

Aantal berichten : 269
    Registratiedatum : 19-02-09

Character creation conditions Empty Character creation conditions

Bericht  Uller zo aug 08, 2010 7:46 pm

• Starting level: ECL 10
    • Starting gold: standard DMG
    • Ability scores: roll 24d6; assign dice to ability scores afterwards (3/ability score, for all abilities).
    • Level adjustment: /care, maar niet zeuren als je te weinig hp e.d. hebt om te overleven
    • Race: Please pick something that Randall Morn would hire.
    • Available library: DMG, MM, PH, XPH, Complete series (except complete psionic because that wreck should never have been published), MIC, SC, ToB and any Forgotten Realms sourcebook.

I retain the right to modify the terms and conditions, because it is likely that I forgot something

Campaign starts with your party traveling through the Dalelands, when they receive a summons from Randall Morn, Lord of Daggerdale.

ETA:
    een paar houserules
    • Tumble DC om AoO's te vermijden is 15+BAB van degene wiens gebied je doorkruist, 25+BAB als je door zijn persoonlijke ruimte gaat.
    • skills: als je een 1 of een 20 rolt, rol je nog een keer d20 het resultaat krijg je als penalty resp. bonus op je resultaat.

Any questions?

Laatst aangepast door Uller op di aug 10, 2010 10:59 pm; in totaal 3 keer bewerkt
    loki
    loki

Aantal berichten : 514
    Registratiedatum : 26-06-09

Character creation conditions Empty Re: Character creation conditions

Bericht  loki ma aug 09, 2010 10:38 am

Wait what? Whats wrong with complete psionics? Ardents rule!

No Magic of Incarnum? No Tome of Battle? No Tome of Magic?
    Then whats the point of not playing a druid, cleric, psiwar, psion or wizard?
    Ya know, the only classes that have options without those books...

also, the move:

Heard something about Ronald possibly running this.
    No separate forum-section yet so I figured I'd start things off here.

First off: I call slayer, or Illithid slayer as it was called before.
    On a psiwar2/swordsage2/ardent3 base is the plan.
    Second: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a
    I wish to use the soulbound weapon variant.
    Third: I have been watching a lot of farscape recently and as such I kinda want D'Argo's Qualta Blade. Or at least something close to it. I like the idea of a special weapon tied to the traditions of a tribe, race or nation.
    I am thinking a heavy(from PGtF) greatsword or bastardsword that can actually be used to both bludgeon and slice. Needing 2 feats to use, 1 for it being exotic, one for it being heavy. I also considered making it a manticore blade to be able to shoot with it, but that is both a specific weapon, but also rather pricey, and it has a fixed price so I could not add it later with the enhancements.
    Fourth: For race I like to be a half-hobgoblin. I like their flavor for this but the +1 is so not worth it on a normal hobgob.

bit of homebrew here, any of it allowed?

Laatst aangepast door loki op ma aug 09, 2010 2:13 pm; in totaal 2 keer bewerkt
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Aantal berichten : 530
    Registratiedatum : 04-03-09

Bericht  ATuin-hek ma aug 09, 2010 1:57 pm

De verwachtingswaarde van 18d6 is 63. Dat lijkt me een beetje weinig. Dan moet je al bes t een eind boven gemiddeld rollen om uberhaupt op een gemiddelde +1 terecht te komen.

Ik ben verder van plan een AoO based fighter type te maken Smile
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller di aug 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Wait what? Whats wrong with complete psionics? Ardents rule!
    Strictly rulewise maybe. With the possible exception of the lurk, the classes don't fit the existing concept of psionics and rest isn't any better (Flayer heritage feats? Are you kidding me? Didn't ANYone at wizards remind the writers how mind flayers are formed?). I have therefore decreed it to be an Abomination unto Nuggan.

No Magic of Incarnum? No Tome of Battle? No Tome of Magic?
    Then whats the point of not playing a druid, cleric, psiwar, psion or wizard?
    Ya know, the only classes that have options without those books
    I'll give you Tome of Battle, the other two are tough noogies. Quit being so melodramatic.

First off: I call slayer, or Illithid slayer as it was called before.
    On a psiwar2/swordsage2/ardent3 base is the plan.
    Second: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a
    I wish to use the soulbound weapon variant.
    Third: I have been watching a lot of farscape recently and as such I kinda want D'Argo's Qualta Blade. Or at least something close to it. I like the idea of a special weapon tied to the traditions of a tribe, race or nation.
    I am thinking a heavy(from PGtF) greatsword or bastardsword that can actually be used to both bludgeon and slice. Needing 2 feats to use, 1 for it being exotic, one for it being heavy. I also considered making it a manticore blade to be able to shoot with it, but that is both a specific weapon, but also rather pricey, and it has a fixed price so I could not add it later with the enhancements.
    Fourth: For race I like to be a half-hobgoblin. I like their flavor for this but the +1 is so not worth it on a normal hobgob.

bit of homebrew here, any of it allowed?
    1. See OP and rest of this post
    2. Sure. You do realize that only way to interact with the weapon is through the Call Weaponry power? You can't take a weapon you have and declare it to be your soulbound weapon.
    3. I have seen approximately 2.5 Farscape episodes, I have a vague recollection of the weapon. But yeah, whatever floats your boat. It's just that I can't find the heavy great- or bastardsword in PGtF, do you have a page number or might it possibly be in another book? As long as it's from the library though, it's fine with me (you must be proficient, i.e. have the necessary feats, with the soulbound weapon when you choose it). The fluff around it? Go wild. As for the manticore ability, could you give me a cite? I might be able to work something out.
    4. I'd prefer as little homebrew as possible, seen as though my intention is to spend as little time as possible on this Wink. Tell you what, you post your race write up for a half-hobgoblin, and if it's coherent and the consensus is that it's balanced you can play it. Concerning your appearance, keep in mind the fifth point of the OP.

De verwachtingswaarde van 18d6 is 63. Dat lijkt me een beetje weinig. Dan moet je al bes t een eind boven gemiddeld rollen om uberhaupt op een gemiddelde +1 terecht te komen.
    Hmmm, goed punt, maar onthoud ook dat je het wel kunt indelen zoals je wilt: na wat research ga ik dan voor 24d6 waarvan je de laagste 6 kan negeren. Ik zal desnoods nog morrelen aan de resultaten.
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Bericht  ATuin-hek di aug 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Goed, ik denk dat ik wel een leuk concept heb voor mijn fighter. Daarvoor wil ik vragen of twee feats van buiten de library mogen.
    1. Deft opportunist: uit Miniatures. Geeft je een +4 op AoO
    2. Knock-down: Dit is een oude feat uit sword and fist. Mag je een trip attempt doen als je meer dan 10 dmg doet.
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller di aug 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Hmm, is met Knock-Down het idee: aanval, trip, improved trip aanval? De feats an sich vindt ik namelijk prima, maar bovengenoemde moet ik even over na denken.
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Bericht  ATuin-hek di aug 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Uller schreef:Hmm, is met Knock-Down het idee: aanval, trip, improved trip aanval? De feats an sich vindt ik namelijk prima, maar bovengenoemde moet ik even over na denken.

Nee, dat is door een errata onmogelijk gemaakt. Smile Anders verdubbel je idd je aanvallen.
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller di aug 10, 2010 3:47 pm

ATuin-hek schreef:
    Nee, dat is door een errata onmogelijk gemaakt. Smile Anders verdubbel je idd je aanvallen.

Dan vind ik het prima
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Bericht  ATuin-hek di aug 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Thx Smile Dan is het hopen op een goede rol. I need stats to make this work! Very Happy
    loki
    loki

Bericht  loki di aug 10, 2010 5:22 pm

MANTICORE
    GREATSWORD
    Price (Item Level): 5,350 gp (10th)
    Body Slot: — (held)
    Caster Level: 10th
    Aura: Moderate; (DC 20) evocation
    Activation: Standard (command) or
    full-round (command)
    Weight: —
    This greatsword has a wavy blade and an
    oversized hilt adorned with six spikes.
    Manticore greatswords were designed to
    mimic the spike-throwing ability of their
    namesake creature. Such a weapon func­
    tions as a +1 greatsword. When you activate
    this weapon, you can launch either one
    spike (a standard action) or all six spikes (a
    full-round action) from its hilt as a ranged
    attack that provokes attacks of opportu­
    nity. Treat the spikes as thrown weapons.
    Each spike deals 1d6 points of piercing
    damage and has a range increment of 20
    feet. The spikes have an enhancement
    bonus equal to that of the weapon, and are
    treated as being made of the same material
    and having the same alignment (if any) as
    the weapon. The spikes crumble to dust
    1 round after they are launched from the
    weapon. A manticore greatsword regenerates
    any thrown spikes at dawn each day.
    Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and
    Armor, magic missile.
    Cost to Create: 2,500 gp (plus 350 gp for
    masterwork greatsword), 200 XP, 5 days.

MiC 53.
    The spined shield from the dmg is similar.
    Im fine with just adding this to my normal weapon instead.

As for half-hobgoblin:

No stat adjustments, darkvision 60ft, +2 racial bonus to move silently. Counts as goblin and human for item purposes and such. Favored class any.

Is this prestigeclass allowed?
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625c
    Or is it like Complete Psionics against your idea what a psion is?

Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller di aug 10, 2010 6:10 pm

You can use the Manticore greatsword ability as described (except the range increment, which I change to 40 ft) as a +2 ability when using Call Weaponry.

Just to be clear, what do you mean with "no stat adjustment"?

Sangehirn is fine.
    loki
    loki

Bericht  loki di aug 10, 2010 6:17 pm

No +2 dex, +2 con.
    Just like half-elves.

Thanks for the manticore ability but I changed my mind.

Keeping the race, but now he will have mountain plate and a soulbound ballista.
    Started out as a lowly seige-engineer on duty on the walls of a Hobgoblin combound he started an adventuringcareer when he found out he had bound the ballista that was now the center of his life to his very soul and as such could travel freely while still having it with him. Saving him the trouble of hauling it around. Which would not be allowed anyways.

Probably just full psiwar, but not sure yet.
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Bericht  ATuin-hek di aug 10, 2010 7:26 pm

loki schreef:No +2 dex, +2 con.
    Just like half-elves.

Thanks for the manticore ability but I changed my mind.

Keeping the race, but now he will have mountain plate and a soulbound ballista.
    Started out as a lowly seige-engineer on duty on the walls of a Hobgoblin combound he started an adventuringcareer when he found out he had bound the ballista that was now the center of his life to his very soul and as such could travel freely while still having it with him. Saving him the trouble of hauling it around. Which would not be allowed anyways.

Probably just full psiwar, but not sure yet.

Nicknamed 'Targe'?

Character creation conditions Mechwarrior1
    Martijn
    Martijn

Aantal berichten : 465
    Registratiedatum : 26-02-09
    Leeftijd : 40

Bericht  Martijn di aug 10, 2010 10:14 pm

@ ronald: toppie wat je bedacht over tumble en over crit failures etc met skills.

@ all [and toni]: a freaking balista?!....just...afreaking balista?
    loki
    loki

Bericht  loki di aug 10, 2010 11:15 pm

How is a balista stranger then a glass cannon?
    But if you are really so hung up over it and Ronald disallows it I could just stick with a great crossbow.
    Not really the warvet-heavy-artilleryguy-that-deals-with-problems-with-non-arcane-force I want but hey, if you find it unrealistic even in this setting I could forego so stuff.
    It's not like he is using the gnome gunpowder items...
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller di aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm

Ehhm in de tekst van call weaponry:
    SRD schreef: You call a weapon “from thin air” into your waiting hand (actually, it is a real weapon hailing from another location in space and time).
    Dus ik hoop dat je al je zessen in strength gooit, om dat ding te kunnen tillen (500 lb), of iig gecontroleerd kan neerzetten.
    Maar even serieus, volgens de letter van de wet kun je de power gebruiken om een ballista te op te roepen (iig volgens de methode van Heroes of Battle). Volgens de geest van de wet, die ik belangrijker vind (iig op dit punt) kun je dat niet. Lijkt me vrij duidelijk uit verwoording van de eerste zin hierboven gequote.
    Bovendien, waar uit de beschikbare bibliotheek wilde je de proficiency gaan halen?
    Nee ik sta het niet toe, en je kent me goed genoeg dat je dat had kunnen weten.

Trouwens, ik las vandaag iets over de aptitude ability uit Tome of Battle, die is zo abusable, die is ban hammered

Glass cannon?

@Martijn: glad you liked it!

Laatst aangepast door Uller op wo aug 11, 2010 7:52 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt
    Martijn
    Martijn

Bericht  Martijn wo aug 11, 2010 1:56 am

1 more thing:

ronald ik zag dat unearthed arcana niet op de lijst stond, houdt dat in dat we niet aan traits en flaws doen? [just checking to be sure]
    loki
    loki

Bericht  loki wo aug 11, 2010 4:54 am

How about the "races of" books?
    Er staan wat dingen in races of stone die ik zou willen toepassen.
    Great crossbow, mountain plate. Dwarven armor proficiency feat. Wat andere feats en de deepwarden prestigeclass als opstap naar de hogere bab eisen hebbende dwarven defender class uit de dmg.
    Roan
    Roan
    Admin

Aantal berichten : 650
    Registratiedatum : 18-02-09
    Leeftijd : 41

Bericht  Roan wo aug 11, 2010 1:01 pm

ik denk dat ik weer voor iets rogish ga... suggesties?
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Bericht  ATuin-hek wo aug 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Roan schreef:ik denk dat ik weer voor iets rogish ga... suggesties?

Ik heb toen veel lol gehad met mijn invisible blade/master thrower. Misschien dat dat wat is?
    Martijn
    Martijn

Bericht  Martijn wo aug 11, 2010 2:55 pm

@ roan: arcane trickster misschien iets? geeft je veel opties en keuze of je nu spellcasting specializeert of juist je rogue abilities.

shadowbane stalker, er goed in stealth, goede class en je krijgt ook wat divine casting abilities.

order of the bow initiate, bonus damage is te combineren met scout en of rogue, je kunt lekker ranged te werk gaan en houdt steeds een move action over om jezelf in veiligheid te brengen.

shadowdancer, als we misschien ondergronds gaan, altijd veel te gebruiken, je kunt je makkelijk goed positioneren, flanken en je bent moeilijker te raken.
    Martijn
    Martijn

Bericht  Martijn wo aug 11, 2010 7:38 pm

@ rest: voor diegenen die het niet weten, Randall Morn is de leider van daggerdale. [erik en ik wisten dat eerst niet]
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller wo aug 11, 2010 7:50 pm

In chronologische volgorde
    Martijn schreef:ronald ik zag dat unearthed arcana niet op de lijst stond, houdt dat in dat we niet aan traits en flaws doen? [just checking to be sure]
    Klopt.

loki schreef:How about the "races of" books?
    Er staan wat dingen in races of stone die ik zou willen toepassen.
    Great crossbow, mountain plate. Dwarven armor proficiency feat. Wat andere feats en de deepwarden prestigeclass als opstap naar de hogere bab eisen hebbende dwarven defender class uit de dmg.
    Ik wil best een paar individuele uitzonderingen maken, maar ik ga geen boeken meer toevoegen.

Martijn schreef:[snip] als we misschien ondergronds gaan [snip]
    Misschien? Ik wil geen spoilers geven hoor, maar het avontuur heet 'City of Spider Queen' Razz

Martijn schreef:@ rest: voor diegenen die het niet weten, Randall Morn is de leider van daggerdale. [erik en ik wisten dat eerst niet]
    Ja, ik ging er vanuit dat daar voor google uitgevonden was Very Happy
    loki
    loki

Bericht  loki do aug 12, 2010 9:12 pm

I hereby take it the great crossbow, dwarven armors and the deepwarden prestigeclass are sanctioned. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller do aug 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Sure

Gesponsorde inhoud

Bericht  Gesponsorde inhoud

Het is nu di maa 19, 2024 6:21 am