Saturday Night Gaming

Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.
Saturday Night Gaming

D&D, Magic, Etc..

+2
loki
Uller
6 plaatsers

Character creation conditions

loki
    loki

Aantal berichten : 514
    Registratiedatum : 26-06-09

Character creation conditions - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Character creation conditions

Bericht  loki vr aug 13, 2010 1:45 am

Do the quickloading feat and armor enchantment stack? If so, how?
    Do the critenhancing enchantments and feats stack?

Also as deepwarden grants track and I already have it I have been looking at ways to replace track other then the dungeonscape acf that grants trapfinding and dd as a class-skill. Besides, I am going for a more city-earthy ranger and not a wild-woody ranger. As such there are a lot of urbanranger things I like.
    I shall list a few and as above assume they are accepted unless I hear otherwise.

Skilled City-Dweller

The various wilderness-oriented skills are valuable indeed, but make less sense -- and may prove less useful -- for an urban character.

Class: Any class that has one or more of the "skills replaced," as listed below, on its list of class skills.

Level: 1st.

Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain the "skills replaced" as listed below.

Benefit: The skilled city-dweller gains one or more skills as class skills, at the expense of other skills. If she does not have the proper skill to lose, she cannot gain the skill it grants as an urban benefit.

Note that she need not swap out all these skills. A skilled city-dweller may pick and choose, but she cannot later change her mind.

Skilled City-Dweller

Skill Gained Skill Replaced
    Gather Information Handle Animal
    Knowledge (local) Knowledge (nature)
    Sense Motive Survival
    Tumble Ride

Class: Ranger.

Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain Track as a bonus feat.

Benefit: He gains Urban Tracking (Cityscape 64) as a bonus feat.

Voice of the City

For some, the ability to make oneself understood in the midst of any culture is of far greater value than the ability to influence the beasts of the wild.

Class: Druid, ranger, or spirit shaman.

Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain wild empathy.

Benefit: Through a combination of body language, tone, and expression, the voice of the city can make herself understood by those who do not speak her language, and she can interpret their meaning the same way. Simple concepts that can be conveyed in a few words (such as "Help!" or "Drop your weapon!") can be conveyed automatically. More complex concepts require her to make a roll: d20 + her class level + either her Wisdom modifier (if trying to understand someone else) or Charisma modifier (if trying to make someone else understand her). Roll each only once per conversation. If she fails, she cannot try to communicate with that specific individual via this ability until she has gained a level. (Thus, it is possible, if she succeeds in one roll but fails in the other, to hold a conversation where she can understand the other speaker but he cannot understand you, or vice-versa.)

The DC of the roll depends on creature type and how closely the individual's language is related to any of her own. The ability works most effectively with other humanoids. In this case, if the individual's language uses the same alphabet as any language she knows, the DC is 20. If it does not, the DC is 30. (See Speak Language, PH 82, for this information.)

The above DCs increase by 5 if the speaker is a fey, giant, or monstrous humanoid; they increase by 10 if the speaker is an elemental. If the other individual is of any other creature type, she cannot communicate via this ability.

If the speaker is deliberately trying to make himself understood, the voice of the city gains a +2 circumstance bonus on this roll. If she is attempting to interpret his speech from outside normal conversational distance (such as eavesdropping), she takes a -4 penalty on this roll.

In addition, she gains Speak Language as a class skill.

This is all part flavor, part opt-fu. He will be a tough scout and a decent shot but will need no nerfing and will easily be outshined in combat by the fighter, in social discource by the cha chars etc.
    Though I will understand it if I can't change out the lvl 1 track just because I get it twice.
    Uller
    Uller

Aantal berichten : 269
    Registratiedatum : 19-02-09

Character creation conditions - Pagina 2 Empty Re: Character creation conditions

Bericht  Uller vr aug 13, 2010 12:39 pm

I'm okay with the replacements.

Having said that, if I outline restrictions, what do you think that means for the default assumption on whether or not an exception will be made?

loki schreef:Do the quickloading feat and armor enchantment stack? If so, how?
    Do the critenhancing enchantments and feats stack?
    I take it you mean the rapid reload feat and quick loading weapon enhancement? No, but you could have guessed my ruling on that one. Btw, it's not just personal preference, I also work from the 3.5 rule, and i'm paraphrasing here, shit don't stack unless specifically mentioned.
    As for your second question, how long have you been playing D&D 3.5? Has that ever stacked in 3.5?
    loki
    loki

Bericht  loki vr aug 13, 2010 2:44 pm

I might have been awake for quite some time when i asked that.

Seeing you did not immediately ban-hammer some stuff earlier but did not outlaw it either in a post following mine I assumed it was ok. Seeing your ban-hammer reflex is better trained then the yeah whatever reflex. Thus if something was wrong you would have stated. This was later confirmed with you sanctioning my request.
    I then later made the assumption a default.
    That way you would not have to bother with a yeah, whatever-post but can still get some arguing-kicks when the shit does not fly.
    So yeah.
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Aantal berichten : 530
    Registratiedatum : 04-03-09

Bericht  ATuin-hek vr aug 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Denk dat de default de boeken uit de OP en verder nee is Wink
    Roan
    Roan
    Admin

Aantal berichten : 650
    Registratiedatum : 18-02-09
    Leeftijd : 41

Bericht  Roan vr aug 13, 2010 4:20 pm

ronald laat je Spellfire Wielder toe?
    Martijn
    Martijn

Aantal berichten : 465
    Registratiedatum : 26-02-09
    Leeftijd : 40

Bericht  Martijn vr aug 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Hehe, well Ronald, luckily my request is only very minor;
    I'm thinking of playing an Elf, and would like to use some Elven weapons, which can be found in "Races of the Wild" book. To be more precise; some of the swords that are mentioned there. Since it's nothing "special" I'm hoping it will pose no problem for you.
    Roan
    Roan
    Admin

Bericht  Roan zo aug 15, 2010 5:52 pm

ronald, moet je chars nog digitaal hebben voor we beginnen vrijdag?
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller zo aug 15, 2010 7:06 pm

graag
    Lord Shivan

Aantal berichten : 17
    Registratiedatum : 06-03-09

Bericht  Lord Shivan zo aug 22, 2010 10:10 pm

Ok als ik een cleric in elkaar draai?
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Bericht  ATuin-hek ma aug 23, 2010 12:30 am

Een extra cleric voor als ik weer eens een cleric tegen de vlakte ros lijkt me wel handig ja Wink
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller ma aug 23, 2010 12:38 am

In principe wel, het wordt alleen een half leger, ok, 7 man is geen half leger maar wel veel spelers. Hoe fijn het ook is dat er dan waarschijnlijk altijd wel spelers zijn, is het denk ik wel erg druk als we er met z'n allen zijn.

Ik zou hierover ook wel input willen van de andere spelers, vinden jullie het wel of niet te druk in huidige bezetting? Kan er wel of niet een character bij?
    Ik behoud wel de eindbeslissing, maar het is ook jullie spel.

Ik wil nog wel benadrukken dat mijn enige bezwaar de drukte is. Je bent verder van harte welkom hoor Smile

Laatst aangepast door Uller op ma aug 23, 2010 12:36 pm; in totaal 1 keer bewerkt (Reden : ik bedoelde wel ipv niet)
    Roan
    Roan
    Admin

Bericht  Roan ma aug 23, 2010 3:08 am

we gaan iig een grotere tafel nodig hebben Razz
    Lord Shivan

Bericht  Lord Shivan ma aug 23, 2010 10:27 am

niet erg als het niet kan hoor, was meer als er een keer plaats is dat ik mee kan doen, als epic niet doorgaat.

ooow en ik kan als het goed is aan een whipeboard komen, vrij groot, als we daar met permanent marker een lijnen raster op maken van de juiste vakgrootte kan je daar makkelijk een speek veld op tekenen met verschillende kleuren stift en na afloop gewoon uitwissen. misschien een idee?
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller ma aug 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Op zich geen slecht idee, denk ik.
    Het is wel jammer dat als je met de uitwisbare stift over de permanente stift gaat, je ze vervolgens met uitwissen allebei kwijt bent.

Wat dat betreft is mijn ideale systeem een geplastificeerde gridmap, is iets makkelijker te hanteren.

oh ja foutje gemaakt in de vorige post Embarassed fixed now.
    Martijn
    Martijn

Aantal berichten : 465
    Registratiedatum : 26-02-09
    Leeftijd : 40

Bericht  Martijn di aug 24, 2010 12:01 pm

7 is wel veel, maar als iedereen voor zorgt dat ze niet te ingewikkelde characters maken en het spel daardoor redelijk soepel kan verlopen zie ik geen problemen.

voor epic: zorg dat je gewoon weet wat je character kan, om daar ook tijd te besparen.
    worden anders erg lange rondes!

en 2 healers wel ideaal, altijd wel eentje beschikbaar mocht er eentje wegvallen.
    ik zie geen probleem, anders kunnen roan en ik tussendoor altijd nog weer yathzee'en! Razz
    Roan
    Roan
    Admin

Bericht  Roan di aug 24, 2010 12:15 pm

martijn schreef:anders kunnen roan en ik tussendoor altijd nog weer yathzee'en! Razz

lol, das lang geleden Razz
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Bericht  ATuin-hek wo aug 25, 2010 11:54 am

Ik vind het best. Ik print m'n sheet wel uit, scheelt weer een laptop op tafel Wink Misschien dat meer mensen dat kunnen doen?
    Uller
    Uller

Bericht  Uller wo aug 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Ik hoor geen tegenstand, dus kom er maar in met een cleric.
    Lord Shivan

Bericht  Lord Shivan za sep 04, 2010 4:26 pm

ok ik zal eens ff wat fabriceren
    loki
    loki

Bericht  loki vr sep 17, 2010 5:39 pm

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=232037

the sheet
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Bericht  ATuin-hek vr sep 17, 2010 6:43 pm

loki schreef:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=232037

the sheet

Toni met een char sheet Very Happy
    Roan
    Roan
    Admin

Bericht  Roan vr sep 17, 2010 7:46 pm

ATuin-hek schreef:

the sheet

Nu nog een laptop Razz
    ATuin-hek
    ATuin-hek

Bericht  ATuin-hek vr sep 17, 2010 8:27 pm

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=240946

Voor als ik er een keer niet ben.
    loki
    loki

Bericht  loki ma sep 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Roan schreef:
    ATuin-hek schreef:

the sheet

Nu nog een laptop Razz

actually considering getting one.
    It's been a pain so far to get one ensured up nuff to last a year.
    And within reasonable prices and all that.
    loki
    loki

Bericht  loki za okt 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Halfling bard 2/druid3/Combat Medic5. Fochlucan Lyrist after that.

Need some alternate class feature clearances for a more apropriate character.

Root Walker (DS, p 9): Lose Woodland Stride, Resist Nature's Lure, and Wild Empathy. Gain Wild Empathy towards vermin; move over earth, stone, and rock debris; and +4 bonus on saving throws against spell like abilities of abberations.

Deadly Hunter (UA, p 58): Gain bonus to AC when unarmored and fast movement (as monk). Gain favored enemy, track, and swift tracker as a ranger. Lose armor and shield proficiency and wild shape.

Halfling Druid 1 (RotW, p 157): Add Climb, Hide, Jump, and Move Silently to skill list. 6 skills points per level. Spontaneous Casting (Special list of spontaneous spells), Enhanced Link (bonus to ride animal companion)

Gesponsorde inhoud

Bericht  Gesponsorde inhoud

Het is nu di maa 19, 2024 1:46 pm